Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Latest With PICTURES!

The last week or so has been jam packed. Tons to do and less time to do it in. As far as work goes there have been top secret projects in the works, so not much to report on there for now.

I did have a chance at some personal adeventuring over the past two weeks. As you may know, I was/am in a band called Two Point Suspicion with Mister Wayward, singer/song writer/guitarist/Rifter.


Mister Wayward is also known as Joe Lawless and is also in a band called Trevor And The Joneses. Rob and I went to go see them play at a local pub and they put on a great show. During a break Joe Lawless became Mister Wayward and asked me to get up and sing some TPS tunes. Rift On! Here are a few pics of said performance, and notice I have a drink in hand. I haven't played with TPS or even practiced in months so nerves were in need of calming. I must say despite lack of practice, we sounded awesome!



It was really wonderful to have a chance to do one of the things I love best. I have so missed making music on a daily basis and this was a good reminder to keep writing and singing every chance I get. Performing with Mister Wayward was a blast!

Speaking of Rifters, I found a new recruit for the Rifter Army, fresh from the Civil War!
This guy means business, look out Clockhausen!
 
After that bit of excitment it was time for a movie. Action movies full of catch phrases and explosions are my favorite, and I was in luck!
 
 


The Expendables 2 is exactly as advertised and I was jumping out of my seat and claping and shrieking with weird girly nerd joy every three minutes or so. My apologies to those seated around me during the movie.  I hope they make a third film and I hope it has Chuck Norris fighting Godzilla with a laser cannon. Please enjoy my YouTube review:
 
Finally my adventures concluded last night with a surprise treat to a Hemlock show! Thank you so much Rob!! For those of you who do not know, I love metal music and I LOVE HEMLOCK.


 
 
 
I saw them for the first time almost ten years ago and sustained a badly gashed knee, a sprained shoulder and a slight concussion during "The Wall Of Death", which is a mosh pit wherein the crowd is divided down the center of the pit and then encouraged to run at the oposite wall of human flesh all at once as fast as possible for maximum carnage in order to garner the favor of the fluffy bunny metal gods. AWESOME.
 
After Hemlock wrapped up their last set, the band members got off stage and talked to every fan who had something to say and signed whatever it was they wanted signed. I really love seeing a bad full of people who are so passionate and so good at what they do, but still understand that it is all about the fans. If you ever get a chance to see them play, GO!
 
I had my chance to say hello for the first time in almost a decade and lead singer Chad recognised me! I nearly exploded with dorky metal fan glee! He even signed my scar:
 
 
 
See how my shirt is all wet? Yeah, thats from hugging Chad. Thats his sweat. FUCKING METAL!
 
And thats about it... oh yeah, except that Big Rob managed to get us tickets to Stan Lee's Comikaze! So expect all blog posts until then to be full of geek anxiety and lists of questions for all my favorite presenters.
 
It has been a wacky couple of weeks, and I anticipate more wackiness.
 
 
Final shout out to Hemlock: Thank you for the last 19 years of incredible music, performances, and local band support. It is people like you that make metal great and put on shows worth going to. I wish you all the luck and partying there is on your up coming tour of Europe. Rock their fucking socks off and return safely home to party with us once more.
 
Thats all for now! Kisses!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment